Anova Financial Networks seeks to accelerate the development of ultra-low latency transport devices! As a vertically integrated design and developer of ultra-low latency solutions, instruments, and systems, for High-Frequency Trading networks, our product portfolio includes, high resiliency fail-over and low-latency port-aggregation units.
Summary of Job Function:
Develop and implement high bandwidth, low latency microwave and free space optics point to point networks, including custom use of RF technology and deployment. Use of Pathloss and Matlab tools to analyze, validate and assess the performance of the company network and provide feedback/solutions to eliminate/mitigate network problems. With other members of the engineering and product development teams, this person is responsible for the quality deployment of existing services and offerings. The candidate must be team-oriented, creative, and have excellent leadership, technical, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Ideally, the candidate must have a minimum of five years experience analyzing, developing, validating, and assessing the performance of RF and FSO networks. They should have the ability to provide feedback/solutions to enhance the network performance. Previous experience with point to point microwave and millimeter wave frequencies preferred (metro and/or long-haul). Previous Field Engineering experience is preferred.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Testing and evaluating network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements, monitoring the signal receive and power transmit levels to tune the network. This consists of pulling detailed statistical reports from the units and analyzing this data. Analysis may include additional calculations based upon the PathLoss or other industry standard tools. Based upon this analysis, fine tuning of the radios and network
- Performing radio propagation modeling and prediction to determine availability and site location. This includes extensive analysis using Google Earth, PathLoss, and internally developed tools to determine line of site (LOS).
- Coordination and registration of licensed and unlicensed frequencies utilizing industry standard (i.e. Comsearch, Micronet, ULS, etc) registration systems and tools
- Planning and optimizing system traffic; developing design standards to ensure system quality. Responsible to register and coordinate network design locations and frequencies
- Perform a Tier 2 support roll in assisting the NOC/Tier1 organization in troubleshooting network performance.
- Interaction with Field Operations to troubleshoot and resolve network issues
- Design, develop, and enhance system monitoring tools for the Anova wireless network
- Coordinate with Equipment Vendors to enhance the performance and design of the Anova wireless network
Qualifications, Skills, Experience:
- BS in Telecommunications, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Demonstrated leadership, analytical skills and ability work in an experientially diverse team
- Minimum 5 years of increasing responsibility in an enterprise or carrier environment in point to point wireless communication networks
- Demonstrated experience in the design, building, and operating of a wireless network.
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal skills in a technically dynamic environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in Pathloss, LIDAR, RF registration tools (e.g. Comsearch, GoogleEarth, and Matlab)
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSI stack, routing protocols, and RF/Optical Equipment
- Lawful employment in the USA on a permanent basis without sponsorship or representation
- Travel as needed